The Cottages – at a glance…
Our cottages are inspected each year by VisitEngland Quality in Tourism and have all been awarded four stars, with five stars for cleanliness 7 years running! Last year we received more Gold Awards – so now Elm, Chestnut and Rowan join Oak, Holly, Ash and Beech.
We are very proud of our efforts towards sustainability. Heating and hot water is provided by radiators via 2 biomass boilers, new in January 2014, providing almost unlimited supplies of hot water, and some of our electricity is powered by our solar panels. Water is drawn from a borehole, which is checked by Environmental Health twice a year, (Rowan Cottage is mains water) and all lights run low energy and LED bulbs.
There is plenty of parking on site, and we are happy to help with luggage if needed.
All cottages feature:
- Comfortable living areas all with leather sofas
- All cottages have King beds except Willow.
- Flat screen televisions (Freeview) and DVD players
- Broadband – each cottage has its own WiFi access point with download speeds of 25 Mbps
- Fully equipped kitchens – electric cookers, microwaves, dishwashers and fridge freezers (Willow fridge with freezer compartment)
- A comprehensive range of very good quality cooking and serving utensils
- Cleaning materials including dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid and kitchen cleaner, tea towels and oven glove
- Bathrooms all with very powerful Aqualisa showers over the baths
- Large towel radiators
- Ensuite shower rooms off King bedrooms in Ash and Beech
- Comfortable beds with duvets appropriate for the time of the year plus one towel (bathsheet) per person
- Hair dryer, ironing board and iron
- A good selection of books, board games and jigsaw puzzles
- Two starter toilet rolls
For children and babies:
- Travel cots
- High chairs
- Bed guards
- Fixed stair gates at top of stairs in two storey cottages
- Child friendly crockery
- Babysitting by arrangement
General amenities on the farm:
To make your stay as easy and fun as possible we provide:
- New for 2018 a fantastic Map room with well stocked local information library – where to go, maps, walks, local attractions
- Garden furniture outside each cottage in the summer
- Laundry room with 2 washing machines and a coin operated tumble dryer
- Herb garden for guests use
- Kettle barbecues