Foody heaven… this sums up North Norfolk. Below is a list of our favourite cafés and pubs, farm shops and local producers. Local specialities include mussels, crab, samphire, smoked fish and of course, fish and chips.
For Pubs serving outdoor food from April 12th see here.
What’s open in Holt post lockdown including shops and takeaways? To check click here.
- The Pigs – Edgefield (our local), less than 10 minutes on foot
- The Hunworth Bell, Hunworth, a 2 minute drive
- Cookies Crab Shack – Salthouse Green for fantastic seafood
- Wiveton Café – overlooking the marshes
- Art Café – Glandford
- Kings Head – Letheringsett
- The Black Lion – Walsingham, a new favourite
- Back to the Garden – Letheringsett, award winning farm shop and café
- Albatros – Wells Quay, for Dutch pancakes – afloat in the harbour. Also hosts live music.
- The Beach Café – Wells next the Sea, canine heaven
- The Crown – Wells-next-the-Sea
- The Moorings – Blakeney, seafood and a great Sunday lunch
- Wiveton Bell – Wiveton
- The Anchor – Morston, a good pit stop after a brisk walk out across the marshes
- Folly Tea Room – Holt, for old fashioned teas in a pretty courtyard garden
- No.1 Cromer for great fish and chips
- Rocky Bottoms – W Runton. New crab and lobster cafe on the cliffs
- The Funky Mackerel – Sheringham. Fantastic local cafe with sea views and the best bacon and egg ciabatta breakfast!
- North Lodge Park Tearooms – by the model boating lake in Cromer. Crepes and fantastic homemade cakes
- Rocket House Cafe – Cromer. Great views of the pier and an inventive lunch and afternoon tea menu
- Byfords in Holt
- Wells Deli in Wells and Holt
- Bakers and Larners Food Hall in Holt
- Picnic Fayre at Cley
Catering and supermarket deliveries
Tesco, Waitrose and many more deliver to our properties. Please ensure that you are here to check your delivery however, and when ordering make sure to use the correct address (Wood Farm and NOT 1 or 2 Wood Farm Cottages). Please ensure you include your own cottage name e.g. Holly, and your mobile number.
A number of local producers can put together hampers on request, or supply meat and barbecue packs for you to collect on your way.
Papworth Butchers have shops in both Fakenham and Sheringham and Rutland Butchers in Melton Constable provides a fantastic selection of barbecue meats, hams, joints and their famous homemade sausages. They are always happy to pre-pack this for you to pick up. On the main road in the village, Edgefield Nurseries sells local fruit and vegetables and is open 7 days a week.
For special occasions or just to give the cook a rest, we can recommend local caterers or celebration cake suppliers. Contact us for details.