Dog-friendly breaks in Norfolk
Wood Farm is the perfect destination for you and your four-legged friend to visit the North Norfolk coast. We’ve rounded up some of the best things to do and places to go while you’re here.
We know that there aren’t may pet-friendly cottages out there and we pride ourselves on maintaining good quality accommodation for pet owners who enjoy bringing their 4-legged friends with them, up to a maximum of 2 per property, thus avoiding the need to find them a separate holiday destination.
For this to work for everyone we have a few requests, so download our doggie rules and look forward to your perfect dog-friendly farm stay.
On the farm
Six of our cottages are pet-friendly with tiled lobby areas where you can dry your dog before they come inside. Two cottages, Rowan and Holly, have their own enclosed gardens where your dogs can enjoy being outside without you having to watch over them. There are plenty of walks right on your doorstep, perfect for an early morning walk or an evening stroll.
- A one-mile, figure-eight walk around two fields with plenty of interesting new sights, sounds and smells for your four-legged friend to explore
- A dog wash station with hose and shower attachment. Dogs can get as muddy as they like knowing that you’ll be able to wash them clean when they arrive home
- A warm welcome for dogs at The Pigs pub, a ten-minute walk away across the fields. Enjoy a drink or a meal with a tired, happy dog curled up at your feet.
- Wonderful walks you can take straight from Wood Farm. Our favourite is a five-mile circular walk along narrow roads and grassy tracks with opportunities to let your dog scamper free, off the lead.
"We really enjoyed our stay here. We are going to be coming back for sure. We bought our dog with us which was great, lots of nice walks around plus a dog washing station to hose her down afterwards."Guest review, February 2020
There’s a lot to do just a short car ride from Wood Farm. A walk through a landscaped park maybe. Or has your dog ever been to the seaside or swum in the sea? Dogs return to Wood Farm happily exhausted after a day out at one of the beaches or country parks. You don’t need to worry about how wet and muddy they get because you can wash them off when you arrive home.
- There are two country parks in Holt and National Trust gardens at Sheringham Park, Blickling Hall and Felbrigg Hall. Dogs are welcome to roam at all of these properties.
- The seaside! A chance to run on the sand and swim in the sea. Holkham beach has miles upon miles of sand and a shallow sea shore. Or there are pebble beaches with deeper water. Take your pick.
- Small seaside towns like Wells and Blakeney where you can wander and persuade your owners to buy you an ice-cream in the summer and watch the children trying to catch crabs on the quayside.
Our dog-friendly cottages
Six our eight cottages at Wood Farm are setup and ready for two dog visitors each. We only charge £5 per dog per night in all dog friendly cottages.