At the heart of north Norfolk, Wood Farm gives you a holiday that’s just right for your whole family. There’s a lot you can do on the farm and when you want to explore further afield, our big map in Reception makes it easy to plan your days.
Your cottage has everything you need (except lightning-fast broadband) for a perfect family holiday. With so much to do on the farm your kids will soon be outside running, playing and making new friends. In the end, you might have to drag them away! When you want to explore further afield just head over to Reception where we’ll help you find the best things to do for the whole family.
On the farm
All our cottages are designed as a home from home where your family can be together. They have open plan spaces for cooking, eating and relaxing, watching television, reading books or playing games. And right outside your cottage door there’s something to do that will appeal to everyone. You may never want to venture further afield…except, maybe, to take the short walk across the fields to visit The Pigs!
- Feeling playful? Try the zip-wire, spring-free trampoline, the swings or the long slide.
- Feeling sporty? After a game of football, head to the Games Room for darts, table tennis, table football or a game of pool. Maybe even a game of badminton in the Big Barn.
- Feeling creative? Head over to the Camp Ground where you can build a den with branches and wood.
- Tune into nature? Stroll around the two-field walk and look out for hares, rabbits, hedgehogs, deer and the resident barn owl. Our two Valais sheep, Giovanna and Georgina, always like to be made a fuss of too!
- Fancy a treasure hunt for younger children? In the spring and autumn, you can follow clues to find four gold and silver hares hidden around the farm.
"We, family of five with three boys and grandma, loved our week here. Wood Farm caters really well for all ages of children with a variety of activities to keep them busy and having fun! Being October half term, the weather was colder than when we usually stay, and wetter, but with the Games room and the Barn there was still LOTS to do!"Guest review, October 2019
Wood Farm is brilliantly located in the heart of the north Norfolk coast. From here it doesn’t take long to get everywhere you want to. Visit reception and take a look at our big map and see, at a glance, all the things you could do. We’re always on hand and delighted to share the free hidden places and adventures that we love so you arrive back in the evening with stories to tell and some unforgettable memories.
- In our reception, the big wall map and our Top Picks across five categories give you a quick overview of everything you could do. We have leaflets to hand for all of the attractions too.
- Having trouble deciding? We can help you plan the perfect day out that weaves together your individual favourites into the best day for the whole family. And that fits your budget.
- If you’d prefer to go off-the-beaten track then, once we know what you enjoy, we can put together a day of adventure just for your family: a day out to the hidden places, experiences you’ll never forget.
- The Georgian town of Holt is only a ten-minute drive away. Here you’ll find all the shops and restaurants you need. There’s also a walking tour through the history of the town. Find out where the fire started, where the hero of the charge of the Light Brigade stabled his horses and where Nelson used to stay overnight with his uncle on the way to school.
"The facilities for the children were perfect my grandson loved the sandpit and the slide. I managed to play table tennis with my son. The facilities for grown ups were good too. We loved the walks that were provided for us…and managed to do a walk most nights."Guest review, May 2019