Last minute breaks in Norfolk
Cosy up with a last-minute break at Wood Farm – the cottages here are the perfect escape for the winter months. From brisk walks along the beautiful Norfolk coast to stargazing in the wide, clear night skies, this is the perfect destination for getting away from it all.
Why choose Wood Farm cottages for your last minute Norfolk break?
- The eight cottages have everything you need, including well-equipped kitchens and kids’ equipment.
- The owners are on hand to help throughout your stay, so you can get personal recommendations for the best places to go (not to mention some hidden local gems).
- It’s Covid-safe (which covers everything from cleaning and hand-sanitising stations to play equipment), so you can relax and know that everything has been taken care of. You can also be confident when you book a holiday at Wood Farm that should you be prevented from coming by government guidance or legislation we will immediately refund you in full.
- Set among 25 acres of countryside, there’s so much to enjoy on-site: big-sky walks, den building, zip lining, darts, table tennis … we could go on and on.
- Ideally positioned for exploring North Norfolk – endless stretches of soft sandy beaches, interesting small towns, and wide-open countryside that’s ideal for adventures on foot by bike.
Check our late availability this Winter
Our eight cottages – Oak, Holly, Ash, Beech, Elm, Chestnut, Rowan and Willow – have been designed as a home from home, so you can really relax while you’re here.
The kitchens have everything you need for self-catering, there are baths to sink into after a long walk, and the beds are so comfortable you might struggle to get out of them in the morning. For families, the best thing is that the cottages are robust, spotless and fully equipped with everything from highchairs to cots and stairgates – so your kids can really enjoy themselves without you worrying.Many of the cottages have their own private garden or patio – and even those that don’t have acres of space right outside their front door.
We also have six pet-friendly cottages with lobby areas where your dog can dry off before coming inside.
What’s on site
Wood Farm’s 25-acre site has enough to keep you busy for the whole of your last-minute break. Stretch your legs on the two-field walk, which is easy enough even for little legs and on which you might get to spot deer, hedgehogs and the resident barn owl. Then there’s the farm’s two gorgeously fluffy Valais sheep – Gio and Georgie – to get to know.
Kids will want to spend hours on the play equipment – not just the usual swings and slides but also the zip line, trampoline, sandpit and, perhaps best of all, three ride-on tractors. Then there’s football, basketball, badminton and volleyball, plus table tennis, darts and table football inside.
If you want to find out the best things to do, both on-site and further afield, head to our reception area where you can plan your time using our big wall map and leaflets, or chat to us for some personal recommendations.
Wood Farm’s position in North Norfolk means there’s so much to explore on a break here. The quiet lanes around the farm are perfect for exploring on foot or two wheels – and there’s a fantastic pub within easy walking distance.
Of course, a big draw here is the beaches, the nearest of which is just a fifteen-minute drive away. Brancaster and Holkham provide miles of sand and dunes, while Sheringham and Cromer will have you reminiscing about childhood holidays. There’s also an abundance of wildlife opportunities, from birdwatching at Scolt Head Island to seal spotting at Blakeney, plus interesting old towns like Holt, which are full of great places to eat.
Wet-weather fun is plentiful too – take a ride on the Poppy Line’s steam train, explore one of Norfolk’s countless historic houses, or head to Norwich for museums. The choices are endless.
You can book online or get in touch if you have questions.